The internet, especially social media has the power to connect people from all walks of life who has different interest and abilities. But the one mistake most of us make make is to think just because you know each other through social media, is to think we are friends or even know each other well. Even those we know since childhood can be strangers and those we just met can be our friends. Life is a journey take it as it comes, learn from it, be prepared, be open to the idea of meeting new people and making new friends along the way. I’ve met a lot of amazing people since I started my blog and have interacted with readers from all walks of life through my blog. So today’s post I’ve compiled 20 facts about me ( in random order ) so you can get to know me better.
1. My full name is Nontobeko Noluthando Li
2. I am petite and stand at 5’1 ( yes the 1′ is important too )
3. I was born in Durban and raised in the township of Umlazi in South Africa.
4. I am a wife and a mother to two beautiful kids, a girl and a boy.
5. I have two degrees. One in Fashion Designing and the other in Sports Management.
6. I’ve just self published my first novel KissingCoCo, currently available on Amazon and there’s more books to come.
7. I love to travel and do go through withdrawal symptoms when I am not able to travel ( but that is life we all have some addicts of some sorts)
8. I love country music closely followed by the blues. ( so yes give me any Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Brooke Benton and The Manhattans I will love you forever)
9. As much as I am that blogger who only wears black , regards what season of the year it is, I once loved PINK ( I even had a microwave, toaster , kettle in pink – the list goes on)
10. My top favourite brands are The Row, Celine , Dior and Hermes , just to mention a few ( pity my budget currently doesn’t allow me to splurge on them)
11. When I was younger I secretly wanted to make it as a super model ( a dream short lived since I was way to short for the catwalks of London, Milan, NY or Paris)
12. I have always loved and had interest in fashion , art and wine those who grew up with me will have a story or two to tell
13. I bought my first home at the age of 26
14. I am not a fan of chocolate but I do love some pink and white marshmallows
15. I hate the taste of coffee
16. I am good at multi tasking , and have even become an expert since becoming a mother.
17. I am super obsessed with skincare routines , takes presidency over makeup.
18. I love reading romantic novels and I collect all sorts of books especially about Art and Fashion.
19. I like helping people figure out what they want to do or achieve certain goals in life.
20. Just like any other woman I love shopping
AND here is the bonus fact….
21. I am a super fan of Ashley and Mary Kate aka the Olsen twins and they inspired my love for wearing all black everyday.
So yes there I’ve given you a little about myself and it’s not all of me but it is a start. I hope you have enjoyed reading it and got to know a little bit about me, my personality and had few answers on what you thought of me.
Outfit 1 – Zara Dress
Boots – Givency
Outfit 2 – Topshop Dress
Boots – Mask